Saturday 6 October 2012

OAT September 2012 in Dajana's opinion

On-arrival training (OAT) was organized for all EVS volunteers who are working in Caucasus in order to make them more aware of opportunities EVS is giving to them. It took place from 26 to 30 of September in Tbilisi. It was my first time when I have been in Georgia and also first time, when I met so many cheerful young people who are full of ideas. The people were absolutely fantastic and spending time with them was pure pleasure.
Also our trainers were interesting and they got everyone to listen to them and to work together like obedient children in kinder garden. We have a lot of tasks to do in group, what help us get know each other better. I learnt planty of things about countries which volunteers come from, also about countries in which they are doing EVS – Georgia and Azerbaijan. We had the possibility to share our experiences and fears. It was a very productive time for me, so I came back to Yerevan with some new ideas and with wider knowledge on how to deal with conflicts, what are my rights in EVS and how to organize time during my project in order to not regret anything. My resolution provoked by OAT? To enjoy every moment In Armenia, because EVS  happens only once!
 Volunteers busy with working in groups.




Some tasks required talk with local people.

Other exercises required buy something on flea market.

But luckily for us, we found some time to learn a few words in different languages...

... and to see some nice places in Tbilisi. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment