Friday 5 October 2012

Dajana's EVS stay so far

Dajana and Martin on the top of Aragac
Time flows incredible fast, so when I realized that I am already in Armenia for one month, it was difficult for me to believe. Honestly, I have done and learnt a lot of interesting things- more than I had in the whole of the previous year, but still I am shocked, that one month just gone. I have never before even thought that people can spend together time in interesting way without using words. Now I know that it is so simple! I can communicate not only with adults, but also with children. They understand me well enough, so that we are able to play together and have great fun!
Children are also eager to teach me Armenian and they are doing this patiently every day. Thanks to this now I can chit-chat in this difficult language. Moreover – I didn’t only defeat the communication barrier, I also overcame my reluctance to sport – once I went on the top of Aragac! It was an amazing experience for me – my first time in the mountain area! Now I am more aware of my ability to do complicated things and I am not afraid of new challenges! I am working now on a project called “ the world map made of postcards”. I made some announcement on the Internet that we are asking for postcards from all over the world. Now I am waiting for first postcards to come and then together with the children we can start making display. Furthermore I am going to do embroidery club for children. I hope that thanks to me they will enjoy handmade things as much as I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment